Fairlie, 15 Norfolk Road Longueville
|The Fairlie waterfront estate has sold to a local family for $5 million+. – 15 Norfolk Road, Longueville|
Mansion to be restored
In Longueville, the Fairlie waterfront estate has sold to a local family with – neighbours will appreciate this – plans to restore the grand Federation mansion and landscape the grounds.
- Built in 1896 by surveyor and inventor Fairlie Harold Tronson, the 2600 square metre waterfront estate has been in the Ryan family since 1952 when it was bought by the late William Patrick Ryan, a senior surgeon at the Mater Hospital, and his late wife Thelma.
- McGrath’s Beth and Michael Ferguson say the result is confidential, but rumour has it at more than $5 million. 
“At Longueville, a 2600-square-metre waterfront estate is on the market for the first time since 1952, when it was bought by the late William Patrick Ryan, who was a senior surgeon at the Mater Hospital, and his late wife, Thelma. The Norfolk Road property has a grand Federation house, Fairlie, built in 1896 by Fairlie Harold Tronson, who was a printmaker, surveyor and inventor.
“The five-bedroom house has roof tiles brought in as ballast on ships from France, and the sandstone was quarried on site. The property, comprising two lots – 1888 square metres and 745 square metres – has 44 metres of frontage to Tambourine Bay. Listed for auction on March 23 through Benjamin Mulae and Ivan Resnekov of Century 21 Mosman, it is expected to sell for more than $5 million.”
“Once in a Lifetime Opportunity! Stunning 2,600sqm Waterfront Estate Comprising Two Lots Overlooking Tambourine Bay.
This deceased estate is on the market for the first time in 58 years, an exciting home and development opportunity comprised of two lots (Lot 1-1888sqm, Lot 2-745sqm), the larger of which offers absolute water frontage plus boat shed on Tambourine Bay and a spectacularly positioned double storey, 5 bedroom Grand Federation Residence ‘Fairlie’.”
• 2 lots (1888 sqm & 745 sqm) overlooking Tambourine Bay
• Grand Federation heritage listed 5 bedroom residence in need of renovation
• Formal living and dining rooms, games room, sunroom, breakfast room and wine room
• Water views from most rooms
• Surrounds include original courtyards and meandering paths to waters edge
• Boat shed to store watercraft and facilitate river access
• Exclusive, quiet location with deep offset from street frontage
- ^ http://theage.domain.com.au/real-estate-news/point-piper-mega-sale-first-of-many-20140604-zrx2d.html
- ^ http://smh.domain.com.au/real-estate-news/woolley-poised-for-multimillion-sale-20130214-2edyt.html
- ^ http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-longueville-112923967