1. Winbrook, 119 Nelson Street KALINGA, QLD 4030
The mining industry veteran Brad Gordon has listed Winbrook, his Brisbane mansion for November 30 auction.
- The Federation Queenslander-style house features five bedrooms, five bathrooms, plus a floodlit tennis court, with elevated spectators’ rotunda.
- There is a pool with spa and twin cabanas.
An irreplaceable inner-city estate, an iconic landmark, dating back to the early 1900’s.
- Enjoying a highly coveted parcel of 3,383sqm of blue-chip inner-city land, as well as prime frontage to Kalinga Park, this magnificent trophy home has been meticulously renovated throughout with luxurious high-end inclusions and finishes, each room showcasing the home’s early Federation architectural influence.
- Hidden from street view, this private residence is entered via electronic Manor Gates and down a long landscaped circular driveway that once belonged to the adjoining historical Kedron Lodge, circa 1860, visible in one photograph below.
- PropertyObserver 14 NOVEMBER 2019 – Mining industry veteran Brad Gordon lists Brisbane mansion Kalinga
- Domain.com.au – House for Sale – 119 Nelson Street, Kalinga QLD 4030
2. Amity, 101 Welsby Street New Farm, QLD 4005
The landmark heritage house Amity sits across three lots, elevated and terraced from the Brisbane River.
- Exceptionally located and extremely private, the classic Queenslander was built by prominent Brisbane figure Thomas Welsby in 1892 and remains truly original to this day.
- Thomas Welsby left his mark in a number of ways on ‘Amity House’ including the orientation of the house to the river, the terraced gardens to the river and compass points etched in the front path.
- New Farm’s iconic grand timber villa has been beautifully maintained by its owner and the potential here is limitless.
PropertyObserver – House for sale – 101 Welsby Street New Farm, QLD 4005
3. Heyford, 22 Chaucer Crescent, Canterbury VIC
Offers from $6.4 million-$7 million
A property of this scale is a rarity, even for the city’s salubrious east.
- Heyford lolls across 3089 square metres between Dudley Parade and Canterbury Road, so large it has a private vineyard with 88 vines of barbera and dolcetto varietals.
- “It is an incredible home that feels it could be somewhere in Tuscany,” its agent says.
- Its statuesque Herbert Black-designed residence for original owner Louis Cooper was built in 1908 on the three-lot address.
- But time has not stood still, and today the five-bedroom home showcases a contemporary stone kitchen, European appliances, a grand billiard room, travertine floors and integrated security and sound systems.
- Impressive beneath 3.8 metre ceilings and intricate with period detail, a billiards room, sitting room, and study lead off the grand entrance foyer that showcases rare and original Huon pine flooring and leads to a timeless modern natural stone kitchen with AEG/Miele appliances and seamless outdoor integration.
- With uninterrupted views as far as the eye can see, Heyford’s several terraces and magnificent gardens provide a truly unique setting for major celebrations and large-scale private events, previously hosting concerts for up to 250 people.
- The landscaped gardens, notably designed by architect Andrew Laidlaw of Royal Botanic Gardens fame, provide extensive garden rooms for entertaining in the sun and shade, linked by bluestone terraces and featuring an orchard and kitchen garden.
- A productive 88 Vines vineyard, one of only two vineyards in suburban Melbourne, features the northern Italian red varietals, Barbera and Dolcetto.
- Domain.com.au – Open for inspection: The best properties to see in Victoria this weekend NOV 15, 2019
- House for Sale – 22 Chaucer Crescent, Canterbury VIC 3126