Kiama Gothic Federation History
Table of Contents
Trenworth at 155 Manning Street, Kiama
155 Manning Street, Kiama
74 Shoalhaven St, Kiama
- Click thumbnail to visit gallery of images
Two of coastal Kiama’s heritage-listed homes are up for sale.
Trenworth was built in 1885 as part of the Kendall family’s dairy estate in Kiama.
- The two-bedroom, late-19th century home was restored and extended in 2006 under the direction of Weir Phillips Architects. Many of the original period features, including fireplaces, architraves and polished floorboards, were retained.
- The house, originally designed by John Simmonds, remained in the ownership of the same family for 120 years, until it was put on the market for the first time in November 2005.
- The listing: Trenworth Circa 1885 – Reluctant Sale
- Trenworth is set on an elevated 766-square-metre block of land. Its renovations include a new bathroom and kitchen. The back deck has 2.75-metre french doors built to complement the design of the living room windows.
- There was opportunity to further extend the home and/or complete the landscape plan, which was prepared by landscape designer Marcia Hosking in 2012 for the enhancement of the front and rear gardens.
A Federation-style cottage, built in the early 1900s. The listing: A Kiama local through and through
- The four-bedroom cottage, set on 555 square metres, had been extensively renovated and extended through the 1990s to accommodate a growing family, with all changes mirroring the architecture of its era.
- The cottage has been extensively renovated and extended through the 90’s to accommodate a growing family, with all changes made subtly and sympathetically mirroring the beautiful architecture of it’s era.
- Boasting copious amounts of character and substance, this charming cottage exudes a warm, homely feel from the moment you enter.
- Nestled amongst established trees and gardens in Shoalhaven Street, this property enjoys easy access to Kiama’s boat harbour, cafes, restaurants and beaches without the sacrifice of privacy.
- The entertaining area in the rear is private with established gardens, hen run and trees making for a peaceful setting. There are also ocean and town views to be enjoyed from the rear.
- Further features include four bedrooms plus a study, three bathrooms, single drive through garage, formal and informal living spaces, two open fire places and gas heating.
- The entertaining area in the rear is private with established gardens, Hen run and trees.