Video Tours of Federation and Heritage Homes
Table of Contents
- If you have a real or virtual tour to display or recommend, please use the discussion section (near top right corner) to inform the wiki – we would love to see your Federation home!
- A range of technologies are used on this page; a mobile device may not display all the tours featured here.
New South Wales
Hazeldean, 14 Burns Road Wahroonga NSW
‘Hazeldean’ c1898 is a landmark family residence
Presenting unparalleled grandeur and prominence, ‘Hazeldean’ c1898 is an expansive Queen Anne style family residence showcasing an award winning heritage restoration, championship tennis court and heated pool majestically poised over 3,422sqm of finely landscaped gardens.
– Originally a country guesthouse designed by Varney Parkes
– Distinguished formal lounge and dining rooms and grand hall
– High ornate ceilings, original c1890s embossed wallpaper
Newstead, 1 Yarranabbe Road Darling Point NSW
Majestic Family Residence Or Two Grand Strata Homes Offered In One Line
- Newstead c.1890 is a majestic family residence or 2 inter-connectable / separable strata homes.
- Expertly restored and renovated for grand and luxurious modern indoor/outdoor living,
Glenella, 56-60 Govetts Leap Road BLACKHEATH
The iconic homestead has been operating successfully for over 100 years as a guest house and restaurant.
- The building features characteristics of the Federation Queen Ann Style such as:
- Turned timber posts and double sashed windows,
- stunning hand made lead light windows,
- ultra high dome pattern ceilings & wide timber lining boards, to name a few.
The home showcases up to 13 double bedrooms, 8 bathrooms, reception area with Dome ceiling & separate wine & coffee bar, commercial kitchen & restaurant famous for its fine food & world’s longest chesterfield lounge.
Lynton, 4 Clarence Street, BURWOOD NSW 2134
Lynton Heritage Register
A large and unusual Federation mansion of considerable architectural interest which contributes greatly to the character of the area. The house is a local landmark, in original condition and retains its original curtilage
- Sold Date: 11/03/2011
Lynton is one of the districts most admired true Federation mansions enjoying a commanding elevated position, and set on a sweeping 90x 225ft or 2134m² landscaped grounds with two street frontage.
- A unique Federation mansion set on extensive park like grounds just 300 metres from Burwood shops and walking distance to the areas major private schools.
- High ornate ceilings, superb marble fire places, undercover outdoor entertaining area, sparkling in-ground pool, triple car garage plus ample visitor parking.
- 6 spacious bedrooms, magnificent formal and in formal living areas, massive family room, stunning marble kitchen with huge pantry, study, 5 bathrooms, separate in-law accommodation.
Kooytong, 50 Lang Road Centennial Park
Kooytong, a magnificent c1910 Federation home on 1,000sqm approx opposite the gates of Centennial Park.
- Privately and quietly set well back from the street on approximately 1,000sqm of land directly opposite the gates of Centennial Park,
- Kooytong is a magnificent 1910 Federation family manor which has been meticulously restored to its former grandeur.
74 Lang Road CENTENNIAL PARK
- A magnificent dual level c1904 Federation home
An historic offering of timeless elegance and unquestionable grace, “Ellerslie” is a family home of rare quality and character. Set on an 835sqm (approx) level parcel of land opposite Centennial Park, this is an heirloom unmatched in prestige.
5 Tressider Street Haberfield
Extremely original Federation with an abundance of character and charm. Proudly held by the same family for 80 years. An absolute prime example of the era.
The home features high ornate ceiling, fire place, decorative joinery, leadlight and coloured glass, timber doors leading to front verandah, carpets over original floor boards waiting to be polished.
‘Hebburn’ – 113 Brook Street Coogee
One of Coogee’s finest Federation homes, ‘Hebburn’ was built in 1912 in Queen Anne style with Art Nouveau detail and has been held by the same family for over 65 years. This home proudly showcases the grand proportions and beautiful architectural features of its era.
Sold 2014: $2,800,000
12 Harden Road Artarmon NSW 2064
Landmark Federation Home on 2 Blocks
- Positioned in one of Artarmon’s most sought after streets, this landmark Federation residence offers a truly rare opportunity to secure a classic family home.
- It is a home of significant local heritage on an approximate 1,400sqm parcel, over 2 blocks, and features generously proportioned interiors, traditional details and beautiful established gardens.
Laglan, 6 Dublin Street Clayfield QLD 4011
Traditional Elegance with a Modern Twist in Prestigious Clayfield, similar to houses in this suburb designed by renowned architect Robin Dods.
- Exteriors are grounded in traditional Queenslander design with wide, north-east facing, wrap-around verandahs overlooking the beautifully maintained surrounds.
- Inside, a sprawling floor plan unfolds, creating ease of living across a single level. Sophisticated interior details incorporate subtle period references such as wide polished hardwood floors, leadlight windows, VJ walls and decorative fretwork, while sleek fixtures, high ceilings and practical, open spaces maintain the flexibility of a modern family home.
Kitawah 59 Heath St East Brisbane, QLD, Australia
This heritage listed home is the epitome of lasting quality and timeless Queensland style.
- Designed by famed architect Robin Dods and constructed in 1912, ‘Kitawah’ stands as a testament to 100 years of East Brisbane history and is now offered on the market for the first time in 43 years.
- Recognised as one of Dods’s most sophisticated domestic designs, this home aims to evoke an emotional response from the first moment.
- A double staircase ascends to a swathing veranda that wraps around the front of the home – an earmark of the classic Queenslander design and the perfect indication of the tradition that lies within.
258 Agnes Street, The Range, Rockhampton QLD
A charming high set home that can offer you a relaxing lifestyle with plenty of exclusive features. This property is located in a lovely area of The Range and offers you size, space and privacy. If you want quality look no further.
NB Five doors from the former Rudd residence on the National Estate Register
Villa Adelfia, C. 1890, 33 Edward Street Norwood
Villa Adelfia, c.1890, is a grand bluestone Queen Anne Villa of charm and beauty. Features include floodlit synthetic NS Tennis Court, large dry cellar, separate studio room and setting on private landscaped grounds of 1635 sq mts ( approx.). First offering in 20 years.
Wilpena, 24 Victoria Road Bellevue Hill NSW 2023
The stone Queen Anne residence features generous and gracious rooms with high ceilings and has been totally refurbished throughout.
Classic original features such as leadlight, open fireplaces, polished Jarrah floors, bay windows and chandeliers, Federation garden.
- Sold for more than $5 million
- Interactive Slide Show
|4 Victoria Ave, Unley Park. Picture: Hiro Isino|
48 Dutton Terrace Medindie SA 5081
29 Lanoma Street East Launceston Tas 7250
A Federation like no other!
- This home is possibly the best restored federation in Tasmania in one of Launceston’s finest suburbs.
- Winner of the 2013 Launceston City Council Heritage award.
36 Lyttleton Street, East Launceston TAS 7250
Built in 1905 this timeless Federation master piece is noted by the National Trust as being: “A grand federation style house of red brick, pebble-dash, terra cotta tiles and wooden decoration”.
- It is a classic example of its type, having flamboyant wooden balustrades and an intact matching fence”
“Talarno” c1890, 18 Kintore Street Camberwell
A picture of Edwardian elegance in one of the Tara Estate’s most tightly held streets
‘Shenstone Moss’ c1898, Tara Estate, Camberwell VIctoria
The Tara Estate Splendour of ‘Shenstone Moss’ c1898
‘Shenstone Moss’ c1898 is an ornament to the highly-prized Tara Estate presiding over beautifully landscaped gardens in a prime corner position near a number of premier private schools. This magnificent 2-level Federation residence masterfully merges ornate heritage grandeur and family luxury on a 1118 sq. metre allotment (approx.) boasting north-facing Portland bluestone entertaining area with self-cleaning/heated pool.
49 Cookson Street Camberwell Vic
Character, comfort, tennis court and a prime location
- Presiding in the prominent Tara Estate, “Shellnack” is a splendid 1920’s home brimming with outstanding era character and plentiful family comforts on immaculate landscaped gardens incorporating mod-grass north/south tennis court.
- Exquisitely detailed with grandeur and grace throughout timber-panelled Foyer and leadlight-laden refined rooms for intimate occasion and fine dining, this elegant 4 Bedroom/2 bathroom (plus Study) home
Talana, 1 Harcourt Street HAWTHORN EAST
Designed by renowned 19th century architect, John Beswicke, Number 1 Harcourt Street represents the finest example of Federation Queen Anne design, both externally – with its spectacular red-brick façade, and internally – with incomparable plasterwork, stained glass windows and elaborate fireplace mantles.
Aldgate and Grounds, 7 Aldgate Pl, East Fremantle
- Aldgate c 1896, is a fine example of Federation Queen Anne style of architecture common in Perth suburbs during the 1890s and 1900s.
- The architectural qualities of the residence are enhanced by its formal approach, its close relationship to the paved terrace and orchestrated views west into the harbour and north-west to the Swan River.
- Gallery: House of the week
- Video: Property of the Week
Step back in time with the intricately designed house of the week:7 Aldgate Place, East Fremantle.
86 Grant Street Cottesloe WA 6011
With the charm of a century old home and the space and comforts of a contemporary family house on a large 545sqm corner block, this grand Cottesloe property offers the best of both worlds.
- Jarrah floorboards, stunning leadlight windows and intricate ceiling roses and cornices are found throughout the ground floor, with the owners ensuring any additions to the home complemented the character of the period.