Gina’s ‘Palatial’ Queenslander at 46-48 Aaron Avenue, Hawthorne
- See also post: Federation Filigree style
|The Queen Anne style Queenslander at 46-48 Aaron Avenue, Hawthorne|
Date October 21, 2014 – 6:01PM Lauren Cross
|Gina Rinehart is believed to have purchased this block of land in Aaron Avenue, Hawthorne, for $4 million, along with the house next door for $14 million. Photo: ADCOCK PRESTIGE|
Mining billionaire Gina Rinehart is understood to have paid $18 million for two adjoining properties on the Brisbane River.
- One is a $14 million luxurious mini palace at 46-48 Aaron Avenue, Hawthorne, which sits on more than 3400 square metres of land.
- This purchase alone smashes the $11.2 million Brisbane record house price of 2007.
- But Ms Rinehart is believed to have spent spent another $4 million on the block of land next door – a buffer zone to create more privacy.
The consolidation of both properties means Ms Rinehart will be able to enjoy more than 4000 square metres of prime riverfront land.
|46-48 Aaron Avenue, Hawthorne from North, from Google Earth|
The house has stunning city and river views, lavish gardens, a pool and a tennis court in one of the city’s best areas.
|The two sites have stunning river and city views. Photo: ADCOCK PRESTIGE|
- Hancock Prospecting’s subsidiary company, Wingfield Avenue Pty Ltd, reportedly splashed out more than $14 million for the property, which was previously owned by businessman Greg Nunn and his wife Alwyne.
|View from Google Earth|
- Read more: http://brisbanetimes.domain.com.au/real-estate-news/gina-rineharts-recordbreaking-property-deal-20141021-119b2u.html
Comparable style in New Farm: see post Federation Filigree style
|A Queenslander style house in New Farm. Photo taken by User:Adz on 8 October 2005.|