Caryina, 35a – 37 Telegraph Road Pymble
[Previous page: Burwood Federation Heritage Next page:Turramurra Federation ]
- See also Federation Bungalow style
- See also Pymble Federation Heritage
“Carinya epitomises Upper North Shore Federation gloriousness – it is enormous, retains all of its heritage-protected features, and is very exclusive. Amazingly, you would not necessarily realise the estate was there – its 102 metre frontage gives the impression that you’re walking past a well-heeled school, or several different houses (which, to some extent, you are, as Carinya offers two houses over three titles).” – The Househunter
Carinya, one of the upper north shore’s finest estates, is listed for sale with $10 million price hopes through LJ Hooker Wahroonga agents Andrew Manion and Robert Ward.
Carinya occupies a 5100-square-metre block with a 102-metre street frontage in Pymble’s prestigious Telegraph Road.
- Secure and private, the grand Federation residence stands in English-style gardens with level lawns, an orchard, netted vegetable patch, championship-sized tennis court, swimming pool, barbecue cabana and a separate two-bedroom cottage for guests or staff.
|Prized estate … the home of Tim and Jackie Hughes on Telegraph Road, Pymble, is for sale with $10 million price hopes.|
- Prized estate … the home of Tim and Jackie Hughes on Telegraph Road, Pymble, is for sale with $10 million price hopes.
- Featuring deep wraparound verandahs with sandstone pillars, the main house has grand formal rooms, a billiard room and ballroom. Carinya is an amalgamation of two properties, with three separate titles.
- Owned by the former executive chairman of Photon Group, Tim Hughes, and his wife, Jackie The Hugheses bought the estate from businessman Nick Politis for $4.69 million in November 1999 when Tim was chairman of Reg Grundy’s RG Capital.
– Margie Blok March 31, 2012
- A sublimely restored Federation residence, as well as an additional separate renovated home, incorporating the historic features of the main house.
- Offering an ideal east-side location, the property is characterised by its superbly preserved & inimitable heritage attributes, while also offering lavish contemporary finishes to families, rendering it the perfect choice of home for those seeking ‘Old World’ charm without wishing to compromise on modern inclusions.
- Boasting a 102m street frontage, approx 5,100sqm of grounds, privacy with full-brick fencing & security access gates.
- The grounds include a long-established English garden, which incorporates an orchard; water features; an enclosed vegetable patch; level lawns; a variety of children’s play areas;& a championship-sized tennis court.
- The house’s façade is fronted by sandstone pillars & is bordered by a wraparound veranda, which has retained its original Federation tiling.
- The interiors are characterised by soaring ceilings with ornate period detailing; leadlight windows; stunning chandeliers; picture rails; timber floorboards in the halls & living areas; handcrafted archways; cedar cabinetry displaying original, meticulous craftsmanship; & original fireplaces.
- Impressive granite-floored entry vestibule with exquisite dome ceiling.
- Generous bedroom accommodation with bay windows. The main offers an opulent colour scheme & lighting, as well as an expansive contemporary ensuite & a large walk-in wardrobe.
- The main residence offers an array of 3 alluring bathrooms plus powder room.
- Enormous formal living area includes a grand fire place and breathtakingly designed original ceiling
- Displaying timeless elegance, the formal dining provides the ultimate location for the finest of banquets.
- The new kitchen provides a six-burner ilve stovetop, two ovens, a bespoke tiled splashback, & striking Corian & Tasmanian Oak bench tops.
- The vast casual living & dining integrate seamlessly
- The billiards room characterises the essence of a heritage cigar room with its subtle ceiling detailing & low hanging lights along with elevated backgammon room.
- A professional office offers separate work areas & fully fitted cabinetry, making it ideal for meetings & private study.
- Two sets of stairs offer access to the lower level, which includes parquetry flooring, a cellar offering external access for deliveries, & a ballroom, ideal for entertaining, which includes a fully equipped kitchen along with cocktail bar.
- The cabana possesses a wet bar, barbecue, sauna & bathroom. The large, tiled saltwater pool is surrounded by sandstone paving, making it the perfect location to entertain guests & enjoy time with family.
- A separate purpose built cottage with separate entrance, offers 2 bedrooms, delightful bathroom, full kitchen, internal laundry & living area, perfect for the extended family, guests or staff.
- Massive 4 car garage plus ample storage.
Property Type: House
Construction: Double Brick
Land Area: 5,100 m2
- Childs Cubby House
- Close to schools
- Close to Transport
- Established Gardens
- In-Ground Pool
- Open fire place
- Polished Timber Floors
- Security Gate
- Tennis Court
- The Househunter – http://www.thehousehunter.com.au/carinya-37-telegraph-road-pymble
- For Sale PYMBLE 35a – 37 Telegraph Road – http://www.ljhooker.com.au/77TGZ6
- Hughes who in Pymble – http://smh.domain.com.au/real-estate-news/hughes-who-in-pymble-20120330-1w1pj.html