Ashgrove Queenslander Federation Housing Styles
Table of Contents
See also these pages:
Ashgrove is an inner city suburb of Brisbane, Queensland approximately 5 km north-west of the CBD. The suburb of Ashgrove is an established residential area with a few commercial areas.
Ashgrove is one of the older suburbs of Brisbane, with many historic buildings and famous Queenslander style houses still in existence.
- The suburb is considered to be home to many professionals and high income earners.
- Ashgrove is a relatively leafy suburb, with a hilly terrain and mainly single dwelling homes.
|Queenslander house on Brisbane hill-top|
One thing that makes Ashgrove so unique is the ‘Ashgrovian’ architecture.
- Ashgrovian houses were constructed in the 1920s and made mainly from wood and tin.
- This style of house generally features a large verandah and a gabled roof with large rooms.
- Grand Gables, sheltered verandahs and ‘sleep-outs’,
c 1920 – c 1930
- Ashgrovian is the term coined for ‘grand gabled’ Queenslanders built between the late 1920s and World War II, originating from the Brisbane suburb of Ashgrove.
- The Ashgrovian can be described as a distinctly Queensland take on the Californian bungalow – which was very popular in and around Sydney at the same time.
- Taking elements of the bungalow’s gabled roof and front porch, local Queensland builders developed homes that presented grand gable roof, often surrounded by secondary smaller gables behind. The smaller gables usually sheltered verandahs and sleep-outs.
Key features of Ashgrovian style Queenslanders include:
- Grand gable roof
- Large, sheltered verandah
- bay windows
Pictures from the National Library of Australia collection:
An original Queenslander showing the classic Edwardian style and inclusions
Commonly held as one of the finest addresses in the area, Killawarra Road offers cul-de-sac privacy with the rare grandeur of a manicured grove of poincianas centered along a parkway.
- This offering commands an elevated position and a substantial 827m2 block.
- Enjoying local views, cooling breezes and valuable privacy.
This classical Ashgrovian has been updated to ensure a comfortable lifestyle, with features including
- a stone/stainless steel kitchen
- and a large covered rear deck.
- The heart of this character home remains untouched
True quality is evident in the large bedrooms and considered building style of this much loved family home.
Although being sold as a three bedroom plus sleep-out home, the current owners raised their family comfortably utilising the downstairs utility rooms as extra space for teenagers to have privacy and independence.
|Very much an original bathroom, wih the large wall tiles and beautiful tiled floor|
|Casement windows open to the prevailing sea breeze|
The lower level is accessed by internal stairs and although basic offers an extra toilet, office, workshop and huge utility room.
Call John Stamp for an inspection.
Ray White Ashgrove
7 Ashgrove Avenue, Ashgrove QLD 4060
Classic Queenslander in Superb Avenues Location with City Views
Located in Ashgroves quiet avenues just minutes from the CBD, this magnificent, spacious Queenslander has been lovingly maintained since new by three generations of the same family.
Situated opposite a leafy park on a large, sloping 739m2 block, the home enjoys never to be built out city views and cool south-east breezes, all just walking distance to parks, bikeways, transport, shops and cafes.
The spacious formal lounge/dining areas are complimented by large informal front and side, enclosed verandas as well as a dedicated informal dining room adjoining the kitchen.
This well maintained original home offers character and position that is synonymous with Ashgroves sought after avenues lifestyle.
The unique, circular design of this avenue location provides for local traffic only, ensuring ease of access and a peaceful lifestyle.
Decked Out For Entertaining!
A stones throw from parkland and sitting proudly atop a spacious 607sqm block, this home is undisputedly the best opportunity you will find in the market today.
Offering a renovated kitchen and bathroom and an abundance of living areas you will fall in love the minute you walk in the door.
There are options galore with this home, move in immediately and enjoy this single level home or easily reconfigure the floor-plan to suit your family’s needs
This fantastic home offers:
- Three spacious bedrooms (plus study)
- One bathroom
- One of the BEST decks you will see in any price bracket! Perfect for Sunday afternoon barbeques and parties.
- Fully renovated kitchen with granite bench-tops and clever use of bench-space
- Unbeatable position walking distance to parks and Marist Ashgrove
- An abundance of living space perfect for the growing or teenage family or the home business.
- Heaps of storage throughout
- Secure, fully fenced yard.
- Single Car Accommodation with auto garage door
- Separate laundry
- Stunning polished floors throughout
The Finer Lifestyle
Situated on 607sqm offering elevated aspects, natural light and breezes
49 Brown Parade steps up to the mark on location and quality and is an irresistible opportunity for the astute buyer to purchase an exceptional home in a peaceful, private position overlooking the Frank Waters Park.
Spread across two levels, a thoughtfully designed layout provides space for all stages of family life. On the upper level you will be impressed by the gourmet kitchen as it is situated to please the chef of the house.
- With stainless steel appliances, outstanding limestone bench tops and ample cupboard space, combined with the unique patterned splashback and one-of-a-kind skylights, island bench with additional storage and soft close mechanisms, the kitchen is an entertainer’s dream.
Flowing from the kitchen through bi-fold doors is the large entertaining deck with beautiful views out over the leafy, green parkland which is perfect for enjoying precious time with your family and friends.
Three good sized bedrooms and two bathrooms are also located on the upper level as well as formal and informal living and dining areas
The fourth bedroom and 3rd bathroom is located downstairs and is an ideal area for older children or guests. Also downstairs you will be delighted to find a separate studio overlooking the park which is ideal for a media room, home office or a separate gym.
The flat back yard is fully fenced and is surrounded by lush landscaped gardens creating plenty of room for the children to play.
On offer for the successful purchaser:
- Fantastic Floor Plan – 4 Bedrooms and 3 Bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms upstairs, all carpeted with built ins and ceiling fans
- Master bedroom with air conditioning and new ensuite
- Central family bathroom with original claw foot bath
- Spacious open plan living/formal dining area
- Separate air conditioned bedroom and bathroom downstairs with own entrance
- Media/ Home Office/ Rumpus room with views over the parkland
- Solar hot water, energy efficient lights and cardiffair
www.cardiffair.com.au/Cardiffair Natural Cooling Systems are designed to fit all styles of homes, commercail and industrial applications. Imitating nature by making its own breeze.
- VJ’s and beautiful high ceilings
And a bay window in the bedroom
- Security screens throughout
- Polished Timber flooring upstairs
- Exterior has been freshly painted
- 3000L water tank plus a 1kw Solar Power grid connect system
- Covered carport + additional car accommodation
- Plenty of storage upstairs, as well as dry storage and workshop area underneath the house
- Fully Fenced Low maintenance yard
For the buyer who demands nothing but the best, excellence has been achieved right down to the finest details – now is the time for you to enjoy this beautiful residence for many years to come.
For further information, please call Carmen Briggs now!
Harcourts Inner West – The Gap
3/996 Waterworks Road, The Gap QLD 4061
Highly Desired ‘Avenues’ Location
Recently renovated this stunning family home is spread over two levels and offers a great convenient location within walking distance to some of Brisbane’s best schools, parks and shopping.
The upper level has been designed to impress! A spacious open plan design, seamlessly integrates indoor/outdoor living, adjoining a sleek gourmet kitchen and powder room.
This level also offers a fifth bedroom/ office overlooking the park and generous master bedroom complete with ensuite and walk-in robe.
The lower level is designed with a growing family in mind a large lounge area, three bedrooms with built-in robes, double bathroom, separate access and even a sound proofed music/media room.
- Five bedrooms, main with bay window, ensuite and walk-in robe
Bedroom has a bay window and original coloured glass panes
- Two chic bathrooms plus powder room
- Stunning kitchen complete with, designer cabinetry, stone benches, integrated Nespresso coffee machine, Miele appliances and walk in pantry
- Bi-fold doors transition indoor and outdoor dining & living areas
- Second lounge room
- Separate sound proofed music/media room
- Private leafy garden
- Fully ducted air conditioning and ceiling fans
- Back to base security system
- Double garage with remote and internal access
- Loads of storage
An opportunity to own an Avenues’ home of this calibre should not be missed.
Arguably one of Ashgrove’s finest homes, this magnificent residence is proudly poised in the heart of the gracious tree- lined “Avenues”.
An inspired statement in sumptuous design and understated elegance, it provides a highly versatile floorplan with exceptional flow throughout. It resoundingly qualifies as a spacious family home and the perfect entertainer.
Grand proportions.. Immaculate finishes.. Quality inclusions
Supremely generous open plan interiors, numerous formal/casual living zones.
Bi-Fold doors open to impressive entertainers deck (built-in BBQ and beverage fridge) and child friendly grounds.
- Top-of-the-range fully integrated kitchen with Ilve appliances.
Six genuine bedrooms including deluxe master suite with walk-in-robe and stylish ensuite.
- Designated Cinema/Multi Media room.
- Home Office with private entry.
- Rear-lane access, Double garage, abundance of storage throughout (including large storeroom).
Brilliantly revived for a life of modern family entertaining, this exquisite home is a gentle stroll to sought-after schools and parkland.
Proudly Presented By Ryan Smith and Iva Chadwick of RE/MAX Profile Real Estate.