Niddrie, 22 Milner Crescent, Wollstonecraft NSW 2065
[Previous Post: Amberley House, Goulburn …. Next Post: ]
- Niddrie, Sold on 08 Feb 2017 for $6,900,000 ; previously sold in 1993 for $1.29 million
- Auction On Site Saturday 16th September 2017 at 12:15pm
- Style: Federation Arts and Crafts
|Niddrie, 22 Milner Crescent, Wollstonecraft NSW 2065, for sale over $8 million|
“Remember the Wollstonecraft Federation mansion Niddrie that sold earlier this year for $6.9 million?
- Well, Lynette Barp, wife of property developer and former owner of Manly Pavilion restaurant John Codling, only took the keys in April and has already returned it to the market.
- There’s a catch, of course. Instead of the 2100 square metres with swimming pool and tennis court that traded last time, you’ll only be able to buy the house on 692 square metres, leaving much of the surrounding land to become new homes down the track.
|The Wollstonecraft home of Sonia and Matthew Levins is up for grabs. Photo: Supplied|
Understated neutral colour scheme appeals to almost everyone:
- Opposite home of former prime minister John Howard and wife Janette
Built in 1905, Niddrie WAS unquestionably one of Wollstonecraft’s most significant landholdings.
|Land holding now only 15.24sqm x 45.4sqm|
- A grand, lovingly maintained two-storey residence which will appeal to connoisseurs of classic Federation architecture.
- NO LONGER occupying a sprawling 2,076sqm block with beautifully manicured grounds encompassing a rare floodlit tennis court, pool and cabana/gym with bathroom. All excised, see map…
- Has a series of decks, verandahs and pergola-shaded terraces, and expanses of lawn dotted with towering established trees, sculpted hedges, soothing water features and meandering sandstone pathways.
- Five enormous upper-level bedrooms along with an office and a light-filled sunroom ideal as a children’s playroom.
From Domain: No risk in Wollstonecraft
WAS one of Wollstonecraft’s largest privately held holdings, Niddrie, is up for grabs again, given the downsizing plans of Sonia Levins, wife of Matthew Levins, who heads up risk consultancy Eirdin Consulting.
- The 1905 built Niddrie has been owned by Matthew Levins, who heads up risk consultancy Eirdin Consultin, and wife Sonia.
- The Levins are off to their $2.8 million three bedroom apartment in The Bay Residences in Double Bay.
This stylish Federation residence is across the road from the long-held home of former prime minister John Howard and his wife Janette.
- FAKE NEWS ALARM – NOT Set on 2076 square metres, now only set on 692 square metres, leaving much of the surrounding land to become new homes down the track.
The missing tennis court at Niddire, now available for building a new home next door
- it was owned by the late distinguished barrister and pastoralist Frank McAlary from 1964 until 1974, who sold it in 1993 for $1.29 million.
- Beautifully maintained, the grounds USED to include a tennis court, pool, cabana and a triple garage.
- Martin Ross and Darren Curtis, of Christie’s International, are asking $8.5 million to $9.3 million.
Displaying all the hallmarks of its early 1900’s heritage, the majestic ‘Niddrie’ provides a bespoke haven of grandeur and elegance while providing further scope to craft your own signature finishes.
- (Was placed on a huge block) with private near level rear lawns awash with northerly sunlight, it is perfectly located within 350m of Wollstonecraft Station and within a five minute stroll of Crows Nest’s cosmopolitan lifestyle hub.
- Recently refurbished with scope to revitalise or reconfigure
- Soaring patterned ceilings, leadlight windows and timber floors
- Grand lounge room warmed by a cosy ornate cast iron fireplace
- Niddrie’s stately living spaces and manicured grounds make it a wonderful environment for entertaining on a grand scale
Contemporary looks are about keeping the colour scheme simple:
- A neutral heritage colour palette is surprisingly versatile, offering a broad range of whites, creams and greys.
- Large living room, formal dining room opens to covered terrace
- Glass embraced family room with NE outlook over rear garden
- Tidy gas kitchen with dishwasher and adjoining casual dining area
- King-size bedrooms, main with ensuite, separate home office
- Two sunrooms with leafy northerly views to the St Leonards skyline
- Ultra-modern bathrooms with heated flooring, guest powder room
- Covered tessellated tiled terraces, elevated covered deck
- Double carport, security alarm, elegant stucco rendered facade
- Land area 15.24sqm x 45.4sqm
- Domain: Niddrie relisted, with a catch LUCY MACKEN DOMAIN PRESTIGE REPORTER AUG 20, 2017
- Sale listing and photographs
- Property Observer – STAFF REPORTER| 28 OCTOBER 2016: Niddrie for sale in Wollstonecraft
- Domain: LUCY MACKEN DOMAIN PRESTIGE REPORTER OCT 28, 2016: No risk in Wollstonecraft
- YouTube: ‘Niddrie’ A Significant Lower North Shore Estate