Kubba Roonga Circa 1915, Timber Federation Style
9 Brentwood Ave, Blackheath, NSW 2785
[Previous page: Vaucluse Coolong Road Next page: Caversham, Camberwell Vic]
Kubba Roonga, Sir Donald Bradman’s Blue Mountains honeymoon destination, listed
By Jonathan Chancellor Friday, 11 May 2012
|Kubba Roonga Circa 1915, 9 Brentwood Ave, Blackheath, NSW 2785|
- Kubba Roonga, the Blue Mountains guest house where Sir Donald Bradman took Jesse for their 1932 honeymoon, has been listed for sale.
Sir Donald Bradman took Jesse for their 1932 honeymoon
- It’s a rambling 1915 Blackheath guest house now with seven ensuited bedrooms.
- Normally associated with Bowral, Australia’s most famous sportsman had a soft spot for Blackheath, having knocked up his fastest century – off 22 deliveries – at the local cricket oval shortly before his 1932 stay.
- Kubba Roonga has a AAA fours-star rating.
Set about 120 kilometres from Sydney, Kubba Roonga sits on 1,315 square metres of English-style gardens close to the spectacular Grose Valley.
- The house has open fireplaces, polished timber floors, and stained glass windows. There’s a commercial kitchen and restaurant dining space for house guests.
- Ray White Blackheath agent Peter Torok has it for July 1 auction, along with the adjoining 695-square-metre Arcadia Road property, which after its 1915 construction served as the manager’s cottage.
- The guest house is tipped to fetch more than $800,000 and the manager’s cottage more than $380,000.
Kubba Roonga Guesthouse
Kubba Roonga Guesthouse is a beautiful heritage guesthouse set in established English gardens.
|The fountain in late spring, surrounded by blooiming rhododendrons|
- It was built as a private residence in 1915 and aptly named “Kubba Roonga”, which means “Peaceful Place” in the language of the local Aboriginals.
- Kubba Roonga started operating as a guesthouse before World War II, and has generated happy memories for three generations of guests since. It is the perfect place to escape and experience old world guesthouse charm and the magic of the Blue Mountains.
Kubba Roonga Circa 1915
Hidden amid the trees of the established English gardens, the heritage, old world ambiance and rustic charm of Kubba Roonga, will entice you further into the enchanting world of open fires, polished timber floors, & stunning stained glass windows. Greeted by the warmth within, an immediate sense of luxury and timeless grace captures your every sense, offering complete versatility as a grand guesthouse, or private prestigious residence.
Located in one of the best streets in Blackheath, surrounded by quality residences & bushwalks, yet only 10 minutes stroll to the village, the property offers an opportunity to aquire not only a residence but an income and romantic lifestyle choice. Fully equipped & being sold as a going concern, here is your chance to make your dreams become reality.
- Seven ensuited bedrooms,
- Two huge living areas,
- open fireplace, gas fire & combustion stove,
- commercial kitchen / restaurant,
- half an acre of well established gardens,
- ultra high ceilings, undercover verandah, and a corner position with off street parking for up to 7 cars.
|The view from Govett’s Leap|
- http://www.propertyobserver.com.au – Kubba Roonga, Sir Donald Bradman’s Blue Mountains honeymoon destination, listed
- Kubba Roonga Guesthouse – http://www.kubbaroongaguesthouse.com/
- http://www.realcommercial.com.au – Kubba Roonga Circa 1915, 9 Brentwood Ave, Blackheath, NSW 2785
**For Sale:** Auction: Sun 01-Jul-12 12:00PM